The post graduation survey dashboard includes summary data from surveys administered to University of Minnesota undergraduates earning baccalaureate degrees from 2015 onward. The data include career outcomes, employment information, and graduate school plans with filters for by campus, college, and year of graduation.
- Data from 2015 through 2020 is from the UMN Outcomes Survey. Please see the Notes section for more details regarding data quality.
- The data for this dashboard are not based on an official snapshot process or data governance mechanism, and include a number of data quality issues described below that complicate any detailed analyses. The results are therefore offered with those large caveats in mind, and great care should be taken in interpreting and evaluating any summary findings.
- This is not a true systemwide view of post graduate outcomes at the UMN because not all UMN campuses and colleges participated in the UMN Outcomes Survey each year the survey was administered. The following UMN campuses and colleges participated during the most recent 2019-20 administration period: UMN-Crookston, UMN-Rochester, TC College of Liberal Arts, TC College of Education and Human Development, TC College of Design, TC School of Nursing, TC College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences, TC College of Biological Sciences, and the TC College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
- Employer, cities of employment, and graduate school information are self-reported free text data. Although efforts have been made to clean up response data, results may suffer from entry inaccuracies.
- The career outcomes rate combines all types of employment, additional education, military service and volunteering as student placement, and unemployed seeking and not seeking as not placed.
- To be included respondents had to complete the career outcomes question; all other responses were optional.
The year in which the student’s bachelor’s degree was conferred.
The University of Minnesota locations at Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, Twin Cities and the entities that report to them.
Level of the academic structure representing broadly, but not limited to, divisions or schools offering courses and granting degrees.
The degree objective of the program the student is attending or planning to attend post-graduation.
The primary employer of the student post-graduation.
The job function of the primary employer of the student post-graduation.
Field of Study
The general field of study of the student after earning a baccalaureate degree.
The name of the school the student is attending or planning to attend after earning a baccalaureate degree.
- How to use Tableau Dashboards and Views:
- Data Visualization Overview Guide [PDF]
- Tableau hierarchy +/- operator instructions:
Some dashboards use the plus/minus sign in a heading to either expand or collapse content categories. When hovering next to a field label you may notice a + or - operator. By clicking on this operator you can drill into or out of the hierarchies. Click this link for a visual representation of how to use the +/- hierarchy operators: