The tuition and fees dashboard contains peer comparison information from IPEDS regarding various components of cost of attendance, including tuition, required fees, and room and board, from 2010-2011 onward. Filters for program description (e.g., MBA, DDS), residency status, and peer group are provided. IPEDS Total & Net Price for first-time, full-time undergraduates can be found on the “Total / Net Price” tab. More information about University of Minnesota Cost of attendance (COA) and fees can be found on the One Stop website.
- AAUDE DW - IPEDS Institutional Characteristics, Part D
- IPEDS Student Financial Aid
Report Update Cadence:
- Once a year, typically early November
- IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System) definitions used.
- Total / Net Price tab only includes information for first-time, full-time undergraduates.
- “Avg net price-students awarded grant or scholarship aid” metric is sourced from IPEDS Student Financial Aid, Section 1 - Part F - Net Price Calculation for Group 3. Includes full-time, first-time degree/certificate-seeking undergraduate students who paid the in-state or in-district tuition rate and who were awarded grant or scholarship aid from the following sources: the federal government, state/local government, or the institution.
- Occasionally, a metric for a given year can vary depending on the reporting year due to retroactive changes. Please refer to the “reporting year” value in the tooltip pop-up when cross-checking data from IPEDS.
IPEDS definitions are used throughout this dashboard. Relevant terms and definitions can be found in the IPEDS glossary.
A guide to the IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey Component, which includes resources such as a FAQ, glossary of terms, and links to relevant guides and other SFA topics, can be found here: https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/use-the-data/survey-components/12/student-financial-aid
- How to use Tableau Dashboards and Views:
- Data Visualization Overview Guide [PDF]
- Tableau hierarchy +/- operator instructions:
Some dashboards use the plus/minus sign in a heading to either expand or collapse content categories. When hovering next to a field label you may notice a + or - operator. By clicking on this operator you can drill into or out of the hierarchies. Click this link for a visual representation of how to use the +/- hierarchy operators: